Thursday, December 13, 2007

Green Christmas

Last weekend we waded our way through throngs of European tourists celebrating the weak dollar to see Barneys Recycled Christmas display (check out their collection of green, fair-trade, organic, and sustainable gifts here). It was definitely spiffier than anything we saw on Fifth Avenue. And it warmed my heart that it was composed entirely, as my father would say, of "a bunch of used shit." Those are, of course, aluminum cans you see above. They also had those ubiquitous miniature lights strung with green 2 liter pop bottles, and a bunch of ornaments made out of Metrocards (which, for those of you not nearly so urbane and sophisticated as me, grant access to the New York City subway).

2 Comments:

At January 10, 2008 2:15 AM, Blogger H. said...

Hee, my eye jumped, and I thought it said "thongs of European tourists." (Ewww.)

Ok, I need to squeegee that image from my mind.

 
At January 10, 2008 6:44 PM, Blogger Hannah L said...

eww ... I wouldn't wish that mental image on anyone. That almost makes it worthy of an edit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home