Monday, January 21, 2008

So Sorry

An apology to you dedicated visitors to False Reckonings. For awhile there, I prided myself on the pepperminty-freshness of my content. But on December 9, 2007, a sad thing happened which deflated my enthusiasm for blogging. In a tragic accident, my digital camera died, on the eve of its seventh birthday. We were reveling at a Santa-Lucia holiday party, camera in pocket at the ready. I went to the bathroom (admittedly, after 2 or 3 glasses of lovely red wine), and CRASH! the camera hit the tile floor. Oh, if you could have heard that terrible sound. The plastic housing for the batteries cracked, but even when holding them in place with my right hand, the lens beeped pathetically, refusing to emerge ever again.

This last cameraless month made both of us (yes, even the inventor of "I just hate having my picture taken" himself) realize how much we like looking at pictures. And how wonderfully immediate digital picture-taking is. So I'm in the market for a new digital camera ... reading reviews and deciding which features I need. Suggestions welcome. In the meantime, I'll do my best to return to reckoning falsely.

1 Comments:

At January 23, 2008 12:32 PM, Blogger H. said...

Bummer, dude. I hope you gave it a decent and worthy burial. (Maybe Viking style?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home