Happy New Decade!
Since I did nothing remotely worthy of reporting to ring in the new decade, I'll share some Thanksgiving photos that I was heretofore too lazy to post. My father hopped in his tiny red car and drove in from Wisconsin to help me reglaze windows. Er, to reglaze my windows. Our friend Ann joined us for turkey, arriving Thursday morning on an early train from Virginia. We brined the turkey using Emeril's recipe, which was moist and lovely and has threatened the future of us ever making a turkey any other way. We also used a bird that was alive the day earlier, and running gaily around Northfordy Farm, not 20 miles from my house. This may have provided karmic help to its overall yumminess.
The following weekend we discovered an entrance to the trail system at West Rock Ridge Park which was walking distance from my house. Hooray for urban parks:
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home