Yankee Stadium
I made my first visit to Yankee Stadium last night, which happened to be for one of the dozen or so last games ever to be played there. Given its storied history and the all-around loveliness I usually feel when I'm there in person at the old ballgame, it's distressing that I'm having such a hard time finding anything nice to say about this elderly ballpark. It had this cramped cavey kind of feeling, and even from our $60 seats it was hard to make any sense of what was happening on the field.
I know, I know, complaining about the cost of tickets and refreshments at movies and sporting events and other places where the concessionaire can prevent you from bringing your own and has a monopoly on the market is a bit of a cliche. And complaining about the cost of things in New York City is a bit of a cliche. But $8.50 for a Genuine Draft in a creepy plastic bottle? $21 for two imports? $200 for an evening out for two just don't seem like a fair price tag for America's pastime.
Oh well, it was still fun. And the Yankee fans ... well ... they were nothing if not gracious.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home