Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Catch Up Post

Here is a quick post to get you up to speed on the last few months. I know, I know, this is not how blogging is supposed to work, but I got a bit caught up in playing Scrabble on Facebook I was extremely busy with other, more important, satisfying and fulfilling things.


I spent a blustery March weekend in cozy Milwaukee with my mother. We basically ate and drank our way through the weekend, which is a good thing to do in Milwaukee. Here is just one sample, cherry pie at Alterra Coffee, which is in a spiffily converted water pumping station. I miss that about the Midwest ... they don't do too much of that neat-o adaptive reuse out here on the East Coast.

In April the dear old VA sent me to Seattle. They must have had a good reason ... I can't recall now what. But the upshot was that I got to meet 3-week-old Harriet, and be present for both her first walk (pictured below), and her very patient mother's first post-conception beer (not pictured).

Bridget B-W, New Mother and Hostess extraordinaire.

Mom visited me in May, just in time for the blooming Mountain Laurel and a neat-o concert by the New Haven Chamber Orchestra.

OK, we're up to Memorial Day. Stay tuned for summer fun!*

*In about 3 months, when you've totally forgotten about summer.

4 Comments:

At July 17, 2010 2:59 AM, Blogger H. said...

Wha? Flapjam is no longer a blog of your fathers'? I am deeply, deeply, dismayed.

Deeply.

Piffle.

 
At July 17, 2010 2:58 PM, Blogger H. said...

Unpiffle! :D

 
At July 18, 2010 5:02 PM, Blogger Hannah L said...

phew!

 
At July 21, 2010 10:26 PM, Blogger H. said...

And come back to Scrabble more, while yer at it, k? :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home