OK, So It Snowed
At last! We awoke Friday morning to that crazy quiet that only occurs when you have a significant snowfall. By midafternoon, it was raining and half melted, but I did not come here to complain. So Saturday afternoon we headed northwest, to where the heavier snow was reported to have fallen, and had a great hike through an all-white landscape in the environs of Redding, Connecticut. (The drive there, by the way, was half the fun: it followed a river that was sparsely lined with 18th- and 19th-century barns, churches, and New England saltbox homes.)
I took lots of photos with my wee, fun new Polaroid t830 digital camera, nervously acquired two weeks ago from woot.com. Alas, it was our first outing together and I hadn't been warned that if you don't remove the date and time stamp, it comes out a distracting garish yellow that kind of ruins the pictures. Better luck next time, I hope. But the video was not afflicted so, so please enjoy.
3 Comments:
yay snow! the weather gods have been toying with us here in the lower midwest...winter is not a time for rain...let it snow!
ugh ... I *hate* rain in the winter. Are you getting that same crazy snow they're getting in Chicago?
I think i can photoshop the ugly yellowness of the date stamp, if you want. I can't bear to think of good photos banished to eternal shelving....
Post a Comment
<< Home