Congratulations Brendan and Jason
I feel so lucky to have spent this past weekend in Moss Beach, California at the wedding of my oldest friend Brendan. It was a historic moment for two reasons. First, he married his partner Jason of 5+ years as their right to do so hangs in the balance (California voters will decide when they go to the polls November 4th whether or not to outlaw same sex marriage). On Saturday, despite forecasts calling for rain and cool temperatures, their little meadow overlooking the Pacific was sunwarmed and peace filled. Whoever controls the weather clearly weighed in in favor of equal protection.
Secondly, I finally had the opportunity, in front of important witnesses, to clear my name. Brendan's mother has long held to the false notion that a gash in his head sustained at age 6, requiring a trip to the emergency room and multiple stitches, was caused by his desperate effort to flee my attempts to kiss him. Brendan agreed with my recollection of events: it was merely a game of tag. My reputation is clean, at long last.
More photos here.
It was lovely to see everyone and I feel honored to have been included. Congratulations and best wishes for a long, happy, legally sanctioned marriage!
1 Comments:
Damn I miss you! How's the IP in his new home? Must I venture east to see you guys again?
Post a Comment
<< Home